When you select Survey under Create, you are redirected to the Survey Manager. It lists all the surveys you created to date.
Once you navigate to your desired survey, the listing shows the current status, among other actions possible.
Here’s what the different sections and terms in a survey listing mean:
1. Survey Name
The area marked in the screenshot below shows the name of the survey. You can name the survey as per your preference.
If you choose not to enter a survey name, the UI will assign a default name along the following structure:
For Example: Survey 13-04-2022 10:00:00
The area marked in the screenshot below shows the description text entered during the survey creation process.
If you choose not to add a description text for the survey, this area will remain blank.
3. Survey Preview
The area marked in the screenshot shows a preview of the survey as a thumbnail image.
4. Current state of the survey
The column highlighted in the screenshot shows the current state of the survey.
Here are the different survey States and what they mean:
- Draft– the survey is still being designed.
- Ready– the survey has been designed. The survey will enter this state once you click Continue in the survey builder.
- Sent– the survey has been sent out at least once.
5. Current status of the survey
The column highlighted in the screenshot shows the current status of the survey.
Here are the different campaign statuses and their significance:
- Survey is in Progress – the survey has just been created and no further changes have been saved yet.
- Activate – the survey has been created, but the watermark has not yet been removed.
- Active – the survey is currently active, i.e., the watermark has been removed.
- Expired – The survey is no longer active.
6. Survey End Date & Time
The column highlighted in the screenshot shows the date and time at which the survey will expire.
7. Folder, Creation Date, and Last modified
The above-marked area displays:
- Folder – The folder that the survey is a part of.
- Created by – The username of the account that created the survey.
- Creation Date – The time and date of survey creation.
- Last Modified – The time and date when modifications were last made to the survey.
8. List of actions that you can perform for a survey
- Edit – to pick up where you left off and edit a previously created survey.
- Duplicate – to create another campaign that is a copy of this survey.
- Send – to send out a survey.
- Insights – to view the performance analytics of the survey (this button will be visible only after you send out a survey).
- URL – to view/copy the short/original URL of the survey
- History – to view the previous actions performed on the survey
- Archive – to archive a survey
- Add to folder – to add the survey to a folder
- Embedded Code – to view/copy the embeddable code for the survey
Buttons corresponding to some permitted actions are displayed against the survey name in the listing; the rest are displayed in an expandable menu.
Permitted actions depend on the current state of the survey. For example:-
1. For surveys that are in the Draft state, but you haven’t saved any changes, you can only Edit or Duplicate them. For such surveys, actions – History, Archive, and Add to folder are available in the expandable menu.
2. For surveys that are in the Draft state and you have saved changes, you can Edit, Duplicate, and Send the surveys. Rest all the actions are available on the expandable menu. You can also generate a QR code for these surveys if needed.
3. For the Expired surveys, you can Duplicate them or use the Insights button to view the analytics. But you cannot edit or send these surveys as such. To edit or send them again, create a duplicate and then proceed as desired. Rest all the actions are available under the expandable menu.