The Video widget helps you add a video to your Email. Currently, we support video addition via Youtube and Vimeo. You can also add a caption text for the added video.
How to use a Video Widget in an Email campaign?
Navigate to the Email Creator
Use the Main Menu on the left to create an Email and subsequently navigate to the Email Creator.
Add a Video widget to your Email
The blank area on the left is the Work area where you design your Email, and the area on the right is the Tools area where all the available design elements are displayed as Widgets.
In order to add a video to your Email, drag and drop the Video widget to the Work area (as highlighted in the screenshot below).
Specify the video that you would like to add to your Email
Once you drop the widget into the Work area, the widget Settings are displayed on the right (as highlighted in the screenshot below).
How to Upload a Video using the widget Settings:
- Use the Video Platform dropdown menu (as shown in the below screenshot) to select the source – Youtube or Vimeo.
- Then, use the Add Link or Search field to enter a keyword to search for a video or add the URL of the video directly.
- As you type in the keyword/URL, a list of video suggestions is displayed, as can be seen in the screenshot below. From the list of video suggestions, select the video that you want to add to your Email.
Choose a Thumbnail picture for the video
In case you wish to customize the thumbnail picture for the video, click Select Image available under the Thumbnail setting to upload the desired picture.
Enter a suitable caption for your video:
Use the area shown in the screenshot below to type in a relevant caption for the added video. Use the various available tools to customize the font/ style/ color of the added text.
In case you don’t wish to add a caption to the video, you can choose to do so by using the checkbox Hide Video Caption (as highlighted in the below screenshot).
Customize the Widget Style
Use the options under the Style tab to edit the appearance of the Video widget.
The different design options available are:
6.1 Video settings and Background color
- Caption Background Color to change the color of the caption background
- Border Size and Color:
- Select the color of the image border
- change the size of the image border by using the sizing bar to adjust the thickness of the border
- Border Style to change the type of the widget border – solid, dotted, etc.,
- Rounded Corners – sizing bar to add rounded corners to the widget.
6.2 Video Setting
- Widget Width to adjust the width of the widget in the work area
- Video Caption Position to change the alignment of the caption text in relation to the added video.
- You may also choose to make the widget edge to edge, i.e. automatically fit the Work area’s width.
Click Save and that’s it!
You have successfully added a video to your Email campaign!
Let’s proceed, and have a look at how to add social media profile links to an Email using the Social Widget!