Once you have translated your vision into the perfect marketing campaign, it’s time to send it to your customers and let it work its magic!
You can either send the campaign right away or schedule the sending for a later date/time.
In this article, we guide you through the Email sending process step-by-step:
Navigate to the Email sending screen.
Using the Main Menu on the left, expand the Send dropdown menu and click Email.
On the subsequent screen, enter in a name and description for this sending. Enter a relevant name and description, something that will make the sending identification easier in the future. This name and description will also be used to display the list of scheduled sendings on your dashboard. Your customers will not see this, so make it as informative as you want.
If you choose not to enter a name for the sending, MainBrainer assigns a default name to the Email Sending with the following structure:<Email Sending date Sending time>
For example: Email 30.07.2021 10:00:00
Click Continue when done.
Choose your Email recipients
The Email Recipients Section (highlighted in the screenshot below) displays all the contact lists created in your account to date along with their constituent segments. Use this section to select the contacts you would like to send the campaign to.
If you would like to create a new list with a different set of contacts, you can do so by clicking the Create List button.
Click Continue when done.
Type in your Email Content
Use the subsequent screen to specify the Email campaign that you wish to send and the relevant sender details:
Herein, use the fields:
- Sender name – to select the Sender Name for this campaign distribution. This name helps the Email recipients identify who the sender of the Email is.
- Sender Email – to select the Email address that you want to send the Email campaign from.
- Reply to – to select the Email address at which you would like to receive replies from this campaign’s recipients. Use the option Create New from the dropdown menu to create a new reply-to Email address.
- Subject – to enter in the text that you would like to appear in the Email’s subject field. Improve your campaign’s open rate by adding a catchy subject line that prompts your recipients to open and read your Email. If you wish to personalize the subject line, click the Personalize button to view the list of available merge codes. The merge codes will get dynamically replaced by the corresponding CRM data at the time of email sending.
- Preheader – to enter in the text that you would like to appear in the Email’s preheader area, i.e., the area after the subject line. Try to add a summary of the campaign as a preheader. It gives your recipients an idea about what is inside the Email before even actually opening it. If you wish to personalize the preheader text, click the Personalize button to view the list of available merge codes. The merge codes will get dynamically replaced by the corresponding CRM data at the time of email sending.
- Email Campaign – to select the Email campaign that you wish to distribute.
As you select the Email campaign, a preview area opens on the right side (as highlighted in the screenshot below). This area displays the Email as it would appear in your recipients’ inbox.
Now that you have composed the perfect Email, click the Send Test button to send yourself a test Email and double-check all the details.
As you click Send Test, the following section appears on the right side, wherein you can specify the Email address where you wish to receive the test Email. You can add up to 5 Email addresses for receiving test Email(s).
Note: The test Emails sent will also count towards the account’s Email consumption.
Note: Though highly recommended, sending a Test Email is optional, and you can straight away send out the campaign to your recipients if you wish to.
Once you have double-checked all the details, and wish to send your campaign out to your recipients, use the section highlighted in the below screenshot to specify if you would like to:
- send your Email campaign right away, or
- schedule your Email campaign sending for a later time/date.
Set Goals for your Email sending
You can set Goals (i.e., performance targets) for your Email sending on the subsequent screen. Though highly recommended, this step is optional. If you decide to skip goal setting at this stage, you can also set Goals for your Email sending later.
Review the Email Summary and Send your Email campaign!
The next screen displays a summary of all the options chosen in the previous steps. Review the summary to ensure that everything is perfect and looks as intended, and click Send Email to send your campaign!
Note: In case you attempt to send more Emails than are permitted in your subscription plan, and you have insufficient funds in your account to pay for the additional Emails, the sending will not be executed. In such cases, use the sidebar to add necessary funds to your account balance.