When sending Email campaigns, there are multiple ways to select your campaign recipients. You can send it to complete Contact Lists, a few Segments from a contact list, or everyone in a Contact List except those from a Segment, etc.
Let’s look at the different recipient selection options available and how they impact your campaign sending:
1. Sending a campaign to all Contacts of a Contact List
If you wish to send a Campaign to a Contact List, use the checkbox displayed against the List name to select the relevant Contact List (as highlighted in the screenshot below).
When you select a Contact List, all its constituent Segments are selected by default.
Note: In case you select a Contact List and then manually uncheck its constituent Segment, the Contacts of the unchecked Segment will be excluded from the recipient List. That is, the campaign will not be sent to the Contacts that are a part of that Segment, even if those Contacts are a part of another Contact List/Segment that is a part of the recipient List.
2. Sending a campaign to some Segments of a Contact List
If you wish to send the campaign to a selected number of Segments from a Contact List, use the arrow against the List name to expand and view the List Segments (as highlighted in the screenshot below).
Mark the checkboxes corresponding to the Segment names of the Segments you wish to send the campaign to.
3. Sending a campaign to all Contacts of a Contact List excluding a Contact Segment
If you wish to exclude a Segment of Contacts from receiving a campaign, hover the mouse over the Segment you wish to exclude, an Exclude button will be visible on hover (as highlighted in the screenshot below).
Click the Exclude button to exclude the Contacts of the Segment from receiving the campaign. The campaign will not be sent to any Contact that is a part of the excluded Segment, even if the Contact is also a part of the other Lists/Segments that are a part of the recipient List.
4. Adding recipients manually
If you wish to type in the recipient details, click the Add Recipients Manually button (as highlighted in the screenshot below).
As you click the Add Recipients Manually button, the following section appears:
In this section, use the fields:
- Search CRM to search the CRM for a Contact that already exists in the CRM. You can search for the intended Contact by entering either the name or the Email address in the search field. Select the intended Contact from the dropdown.
- I Agree checkbox to confirm that you have explicit Email Opt-in consent from the Contacts you are adding manually to the recipient List.
- Email to enter the Email address of the intended recipient and click Add.
- Recipients to view the list of manually added recipients.
Note: All the Contacts added here manually will also be added to the CRM with their Email opt-in status as Opted-in.
Note: When sending campaigns, the total recipient count on the Email Sending Summary page will display the unique recipient count only. Also, invalid mobile numbers and Contacts who have opted out to receive Emails from you will be excluded from the total recipient count.